Installation and user guide
1) Connect your headset to your computer
Click Guide on Pitool and follow the instructions to connect the headset.
- Connect the DP cable out on the discrete GPU. Do not connect to the DP port on the motherboard.
- Plug the power adapter into a power outlet if the headset is powered by a power adaptor. If the headset is powered by USB, connect the USB cable to the USB 2.0/3.0/3.1 port on your computer.
- The connection between the data cable and the PC desktop is as shown in the pictures below.
Note: New shipped headsets are designed without a power adapter.
4. After the device is properly connected, Pitool should detect the headset.
5. If you do not have a base station in your hands, uncheck the Lighthouse Tracking from PiTool settings and check 9-Axis instead.
2) PiTool Installation Notes
3) How to use SteamVR
- Browse Steam official website, click the button Install Steam to download and install it, as shown below
- After installing the Steam software, open Steam, click on the Library---->Tools, find Steam VR, click Install.
- After the installation, you need to do room settings first. Just open Steam VR, run Room Setup and follow the pop-up instructions to do the room set up.
- Select standing only mode.
- Calibration space, when the head-mounted display is ready, click Next.
- To calibrate the ground, it is recommended that the helmet be placed facing the display and placed on the ground. Enter “0” and click Next to complete.
- The Steam VR interface is displayed below after the room setup is completed.
4) How to watch the video (without controllers and basestations)
- Open Steam VR, right-click the 3-bars menu and run Media Player.
- Open into the Steam VR Media Player, you can find the video path you want to play through the left side of the interface, click on the video to play it.
- The built-in player has a rich play setting function, and the user can adjust the settings according to the requirements. The following picture shows the functions accessible.
5) Other recommended video players（without controllers and basestations）
- Move the mouse to the player and click it to get a red dot on the screen. The location of the red dot will be controlled by headset movement.
- Move the red dot until you can click Menu, then find Files, then click Drives to select the path to play the video.
- There are various basic operations under the video and an interface to switch between 360-degree format, 180-degree format, 3D SBS (left and right format), and 3D OU (up and down format).
6) Steam VR game with keyboard/mouse support（without controllers and basestations）
Thank you for choosing Pimaxproduct, wish you a happy life!