LED is blue
Controller is powered but not paired with your headset.
Pair your controller again:
- Navigate to the SteamVR status window
- Open the menu and select Devices > Pair Controller
- Hold down both the System and B buttons for a few seconds
If this does not pair with the controller, try to turn on the device and off to power-cycle it.
LED is red (flashing)
The controller is in an error status.If you have just updated your controller firmware, please contact Steam Support.
If you have not just updated your controller firmware, you should be able to recover your controller by following the Reset your controller instruction below.
LED is off
Controller is not powered. If your controller doesn't power up, plug it in to make sure it does, and try again.If the LED remains off, check the device's status in VR Monitor. It should be gray. If it is in another state, you can try to reset your controller by following the instructions immediately below.
Still having problems? Reset your controller.
If the preceding information does not resolve the problem, try "hard reset" on your controller. Do the following:
- Plug the controller in via USB and leave it to charge for 10 minutes.
- Unplug it and hold down the System Button for 15 seconds, then release.
- Power the controller on again.
The controller should be recovered. If you continue to experience problems, you can contact Steam Support for assistance.